Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Back to the Fujifilm System

It's been a long time since my last post, but a lot has happened since then, both out in the wider world as well as in my camera bag. 

The global pandemic has shut down or delayed so many planned projects and kept us close to home for much of the year.  Surprisingly, I have taken more photos since the provincial health authorities shut things down in mid-March than I took all of last year, as I have been using the time to test and evaluate many different camera systems.  At the same time, I have been learning and evaluating new image processing software (Capture One Pro 20) which has also affected my choice of camera equipment.

After thorough reviews of all the images I have taken over the past five years using Canon and Nikon DSLR equipment, plus testing the latest cameras from Panasonic, Olympus, and Sony, I have come to the conclusion that my personal photographic wants and needs are best served by Fujifilm cameras and lenses, and I have returned to using their X-series (APS-C sensor size) and GFX (medium-format sensor size) cameras and lenses.  I will endeavour to elaborate on my choices in future posts.

In the mean time, here are some images from where we have spent much of the pandemic, in our own front yard...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Salish Sea Herring Spawn and Marine Mammals

On March 5 of this year, we braved the unseasonably cold weather and headed up to Comox, BC for a four-hour boat tour with Wild Waterways Ad...