Saturday, April 11, 2015

Winter Solstice at the Majorville Medicine Wheel

Okay, these photos were actually taken the day before the winter solstice - sometimes our schedules don't allow us to be at a location at the precise time we would like to be...



Interpretive Sign, Majorville Medicine Wheel

This visit to the Omakh, or more popularly called the Majorville Medicine Wheel, coincided with the arrival of my new Sony FE 16-35mm f4 lens, and I wanted an interesting landscape subject to put it to the test.  Getting to the location was a bit of a challenge, as some of the snow drifts I had to drive through were very deep, and proved to be a good test of the off-roading capabilities of my VW Touareg.

Majorville Medicine Wheel in Winter

Majorville Medicine Wheel in Winter

Winter Sunset at the Majorville Medicine Wheel
I had planned to return to the site a few days later, but another snowfall had made the trail to the site completely impassable.  My next visit will have to wait until spring arrives.  

In the meantime, be sure to check out my web site for more photos of Omakh - The Majorville Medicine Wheel at www.imageswest.ca.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Salish Sea Herring Spawn and Marine Mammals

On March 5 of this year, we braved the unseasonably cold weather and headed up to Comox, BC for a four-hour boat tour with Wild Waterways Ad...